Are you missing out on this mineral that can help stave off cancer?
When was the last time you tucked into a healthy snack?
One of our favorites here at NaturalCures is a handful of Brazil nuts.
Selenium is essential to good health – and the great news is you only need a little of it to make a difference to your overall wellbeing and vitality.
Selenium is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, which are important antioxidant enzymes. The antioxidant properties of selenoproteins help prevent cellular damage from free radicals.
Free radicals are natural by-products of oxygen metabolism that may contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease – something we definitely want to discourage.
Selenoproteins also help regulate thyroid function and play a role in the immune system.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a handful of Brazil nuts and tuck in.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 8 May, 2013 Great news for selenium! (1)
- 20 February, 2013 Are the chemicals in your home killing you? (0)
- 31 July, 2013 Is this the diet that’s a natural cure for cancer? (0)
- 7 September, 2012 Grapes – the Way to a Man’s Healthy Heart (0)
- 29 January, 2013 Obesity: A weighty issue at home and abroad (4)
- 17 January, 2013 Time to ditch the microwave? Fred Van Liew thinks so… (44)
- 12 March, 2013 Living to 100 – And Still Be Healthy, Happy and Productive? (0)
- 18 January, 2014 Can baking soda help cancer patients heal naturally? (0)
- 10 January, 2013 Peanut butter’s bad for you: are you nuts? (5)
- 19 September, 2013 Are your antibiotics causing cancer? (0)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team