When was the last time you tucked into a healthy snack?
One of our favorites here at NaturalCures is a handful of Brazil nuts.
Why? Because they are a rich source of the immune-boosting trace mineral selenium.
Selenium is essential to good health – and the great news is you only need a little of it to make a difference to your overall wellbeing and vitality.
Selenium is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, which are important antioxidant enzymes. The antioxidant properties of selenoproteins help prevent cellular damage from free radicals.
Free radicals are natural by-products of oxygen metabolism that may contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease – something we definitely want to discourage.
Selenoproteins also help regulate thyroid function and play a role in the immune system.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a handful of Brazil nuts and tuck in.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. www.naturalcures.com/disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don't forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 8 May, 2013 -- Great news for selenium! (0)
- 20 February, 2013 -- Are the chemicals in your home killing you? (0)
- 7 September, 2012 -- Grapes – the Way to a Man’s Healthy Heart (0)
- 12 March, 2013 -- Living to 100 – And Still Be Healthy, Happy and Productive? (0)
- 17 January, 2013 -- Time to ditch the microwave? Fred Van Liew thinks so… (44)
- 29 January, 2013 -- Obesity: A weighty issue at home and abroad (4)
- 10 January, 2013 -- Peanut butter’s bad for you: are you nuts? (3)
- 14 March, 2013 -- Breakfast – A Question of Common Sense? (0)
- 14 February, 2013 -- ‘Weight is healthy’ study branded a ‘pile of rubbish’ (6)
- 15 November, 2011 -- Supplements: The Hidden Ingredient Scam (1)