Could men be to blame for the menopause?
Women who are suffering menopausal symptoms may now have someone to accuse, according to experts. New research suggests men ‘are to blame’ for everything from hot flushes to night sweats and mood swings. But why?
Men’s tendency to choose younger mates meant fertility became pointless for older women, say evolutionary geneticists from Canada’s McMaster University. And in PLOS Computational Biology, it’s thought this eventually led to the menopause.
Menopause was seen as the block to older women from continuing to reproduce, and researchers have long puzzled over why it appears that humans are the only specials where females cannot continue reproducing as their lives progress.
The original article on this interesting subject can be viewed here, but in the meantime, let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Suffering from the menopause? If you’re a member of the NaturalCures site, you can email our friendly customer services team at email@example.com to view a copy of our Find a Cure report for menopause.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 19 April, 2013 Forgetfulness in women: Is the menopause to blame? (1)
- 8 March, 2013 International Women’s Day: How are you celebrating? (0)
- 23 May, 2013 Women at higher risk of mental health problems (0)
- 29 April, 2013 Men: Want to boost your fertility? Get a better night’s rest (1)
- 4 March, 2013 Planning a baby? New shoes at the ready… (2)
- 19 June, 2013 Ovarian cancer: Why using baby powder increases your risk (0)
- 23 July, 2013 Watch out pregnant women – your feet could swell like your belly! (0)
- 2 January, 2013 Make Sure You’re Full of Beans on this National Day (0)
- 20 July, 2012 YIN and STRESS: Women and Mental Health (0)
- 20 April, 2013 Having a coffee break? Keep up-to-date with NaturalCures news… (1)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team