Eyeing that cake up? Try exercise, say scientists
Tempted to eat that huge slice of cake or calorific chocolate bar? Research has revealed short bursts of exercise increase levels of self-control. Concentrated bouts of activity improves self-control in children, teens and adults up to the age of 35, scientists have discovered.
This is thought to be due to the fact that working out increases blood and oxygen flow to the pre-frontal cortex of the brain – the area responsible for ‘executive’ functions. It’s also especially important for children and teenagers as it plays a key role in learning and concentration.
As a result, it’s believed that exercise could prove a useful treatment for conditions involving impaired higher brain functions, like autism and Attention Hyperactivity Deficit Disorder (ADHD).
What’s more, a study from Aberdeen University found two-and-a-half minutes of exercise could be just as effective at warding off heart disease as a 90-minute jog.
So go on, give some gentle exercise a go. And let us know how you get on…
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 15 March, 2014 Mindfulness meditation can cut chocolate cravings (0)
- 30 August, 2012 Keep Calm and Eat Chocolate (0)
- 28 August, 2013 In the words of the Von Trapp family… (0)
- 10 June, 2013 For an improved memory, choose yoga (1)
- 19 February, 2014 How to Ensure Your Final Years Are Good Ones (0)
- 22 February, 2013 Thirty-day Fitness Challenge: Final Update (0)
- 19 February, 2013 Get a Better Workout with Essential Oils! (0)
- 25 August, 2013 No motivation to exercise? Here’s what you need to do… (0)
- 23 January, 2013 Don’t let emotions take over. Try this… (1)
- 22 June, 2012 Resistance Band versus Free Weight (0)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team