Homemade watermelon facial toner
It’s the weekend! While it has only been a four-day week here in the UK (thanks to Monday’s Bank Holiday) we’ve certainly been looking forward to the two-day break and treating our skin to some deliciously-scented beauty treats.
We love this recipe from The Herb Quarterly – a beautiful printed magazine which offers a host of natural tips.
Here’s how to make a watermelon facial toner this weekend:
* Two tablespoons fresh watermelon juice
* Two tablespoons of witch hazels
* Two tablespoons of distilled or boiled (and cooled) water
* Start by combining all the ingredients and stir well
* Pour into a clean container
* To use, simply apply to the skin with a clean cotton pad
Containing high amounts of skin-boosting vitamins A, B and C, the toner can be used daily during the summer and fresh watermelon juice can be made using a food processor, before straining out any solids.
Will you be giving this a go? Let us know by commenting below.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here