In the words of the Von Trapp family…
….so long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.
This will be my last post for the NaturalCures blog, as I’ll be venturing onto pastures new as of next week.
They say ‘every experience is a learning experience’. They also say ‘you learn something new every day’ – and I’ve been here for a heck of a lot of days! So what have I learned? I thought I’d round up just a few of the things I’ve discovered over the last 10 months:
* A little bit of what you like is good for you (I’m looking at you, cake) – just make sure it’s organic, and take a look at our delicious and healthy dessert recipes.
* Aspartame is even more dangerous than I realized. Jay Z may have had ’99 problems'; aspartame has 92 (side effects, that is)
* There are plenty of guilt-free ways to enjoy a sweet treat
* Conventional drugs can be very dangerous
* Men’s emotions shouldn’t be brushed aside
* You can have your cake [It isn't always about cake. It just sometimes is], eat it and not put on any weight. Well, sort of.
* Fast food may well be fast, but that burger/soda/portion of fries may be laced with some truly terrifying ingredients
* There’s some great natural options out there for acne (a condition I’ve suffered with since my teens)
* Food really is the greatest medicine
* Acupuncture sessions (which I have once a month for a chronic condition) are great for all manner of things, including fertility problems.
* Looking after your mind is as important as looking after your body.
* Effort doesn’t always count for everything when losing weight. I’ll have another slice of cake, then….
* My body is not used to hard work
I’ll sign off by wishing NaturalCures readers, experts and my lovely colleagues – who I hope will be keeping in touch (I need my regular cake fix, after all) – all the very best in health and life.
“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it and join the dance.” Alan Watts