Junk food: Why are manufacturers still targeting kids?
A new report claims that junk food manufacturers are STILL bypassing rules on advertising unhealthy products to kids here in the UK. Calling for tighter regulations, the people behind The World Health Organisation says attempts to crack down on children being targeted by TV advertising by regulators in Britain have fallen short.
There are no restrictions on shows such as ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent (a popular show here in the UK), despite tough rules being in place to protect youngers from being marketed to by junk food companies. Elsewhere, youngsters are being targeted on social media websites, and via mobile phones and games on food companies’ websites.
However, broadcasting regulator Ofcom has announced that junk food advertising during kids’ TV shows has dropped by almost 40 per cent between 2005 and 2009. But is this enough? Have your say in the comments below.
Do you think commercials like this are harmless? Or do you agree that commercials marketing junk food to kids should be banned?
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 6 June, 2013 -- Let’s pull together to defend our children from obesity (1)
- 19 July, 2013 -- Free school meals spell tragedy for Indian school kids (0)
- 29 May, 2013 -- Let’s cherish our children – new feature coming soon! (0)
- 21 February, 2014 -- Is acupuncture safe for children? (0)
- 27 June, 2013 -- Heart disease: What you ate as a toddler could determine risk (0)
- 11 February, 2014 -- 5 truths about fevers in children (0)
- 18 July, 2013 -- Girls obliterating obesity (0)
- 20 July, 2013 -- Would you like a side of ‘pink slime’ with that? (0)
- 25 March, 2013 -- Nutrition: Could you go ‘raw’? (0)
- 18 July, 2013 -- Tips for bringing up kids in a ‘sports culture’ (0)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team