Planning a baby? New shoes at the ready…
Having a baby can make a new mother’s feet go up in size – forever – according to a brand new study.
Testing the claim often made by women that they rise a shoe size in pregnant, researchers have revealed that loss of the foot’s arch can be permanent.
In the study, published in the March issue of the American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, it was revealed that of 49 pregnant women up to 70% saw arch height and measures of arch rigidity decrease significantly from early pregnancy to five months after childbirth. This caused corresponding increases in foot length – between 2mm and 10mm – and arch drop.
British celebrity, former presenter and West End star Denise Van Outen has even told the press that following pregnancy she had to give away all her designer shoes as she could no longer squeeze into them.
What do you think of this surprising news? Have you experienced an increase in foot size following pregnancy?
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 23 July, 2013 -- Watch out pregnant women – your feet could swell like your belly! (0)
- 19 June, 2013 -- Ovarian cancer: Why using baby powder increases your risk (0)
- 22 May, 2013 -- When going organic can harm your baby’s brain power (0)
- 27 February, 2013 -- Mums-to-be advised to cut out coffee (0)
- 11 March, 2013 -- The rare disease that ‘mimics pregnancy’ (1)
- 9 May, 2013 -- Pregnancy flu linked to bipolar (0)
- 9 February, 2014 -- Why Therapeutic Benefits of Coffee Do NOT Apply to Pregnant Women (0)
- 4 December, 2012 -- A Natural Cure for Kate (0)
- 6 July, 2012 -- Combining Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs …before, during and after pregnancy (0)
- 28 July, 2013 -- UK gossip magazine slammed for Kate weight loss headline (0)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team