Quick weekend make: Caramel apple sandwiches
I’m sure you’re drooling over the headline of this post – I know we are! We know how much you love homemade treats, which is why we’re sharing with you this fun and healthy recipe from the folks over at This Rawsome Vegan Life (great website name, by the way – we like a play on words).
This quick make is great to make with kids, as it’s just so easy to put together. If you’re struggling to get your little ones to eat fruit, too, this mouth-wateringly delicious treat may be just what you need…
Here’s what you’ll need:
Almond butter or other nut butter Caramel: 1/2 cup dates 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil (or use water… won’t be as creamy though) 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
To make the caramel, simply blend all ingredients until smooth.
Assemble: Slice the apples thinly from bottom to top and then core each piece. Now layer each slice with alternating caramel and nut butter. Enjoy!
What are your favorite quick and easy healthy recipes? We’d love to know. Don’t forget to comment on this blog post below.
A big thank you to This Rawsome Vegan Life for allowing us to share this recipe.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 11 March, 2013 Yum: Apple sandwiches with caramel and almond butter (0)
- 25 March, 2013 Nutrition: Could you go ‘raw’? (0)
- 4 January, 2014 Why Bother Going Organic? (0)
- 24 July, 2012 The Fruit with a Natural Cure in Every Bite (1)
- 18 February, 2013 Family meals boost vegetable intake for children (0)
- 17 January, 2014 Veganuary could be a stepping stone to more sustainable eating (0)
- 27 March, 2013 NaturalCures Q&A: Meet Mary Miller… (0)
- 6 February, 2013 Time for a heart-to-heart (1)
- 9 June, 2013 Tired, old-looking skin? Here’s why… (1)
- 25 February, 2014 Eat to Cleanse Your Body (0)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team