It may not be natural health news, but we just couldn’t let this recent story about brain-to-brain rat testing pass us by without mentioning it on here.
In a bid to create what researchers call the world’s first ‘organic computer’, scientists have connected the brains of a pair of rats and allowed them to share sensory information.
Rats are being used in cruel experiments by researchers
At this point, you are probably as baffled as we were when we first read the tale.
But it’s true; the US team fitted two rats with devices called brain-to-brain interfaces that let the animals collaborate on simple tasks to earn rewards, such as a drink of water.
The scientists used the internet to link the brains of two rats separated by thousands of miles (one was in the researchers’ lab at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, and the other in Natal, Brazil) in one radical demonstration.
The researchers, who are led by Miguel Nicolelis – a pioneer of devices that allow paralysed people to control computers and robotic arms with their thoughts – say their latest work may enable multiple brains to be hooked up to share information.
But I guess the real issue for us here at NaturalCures is the shocking amount of animal cruelty involved in these experiments. Should this still be allowed to go on? Do let us know your thoughts by commenting below.
You can read the full, original article here.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. www.naturalcures.com/disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don't forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 31 January, 2013 -- Why red hair increases skin cancer risk (3)
- 20 April, 2013 -- Stress? What’s that? (0)
- 6 March, 2013 -- Health and wellbeing to take control of our own lives (2)
- 7 February, 2013 -- GMO corn linked to cancer tumors (0)
- 22 March, 2013 -- Asthma in babies: Could dairy be a trigger? (0)
- 17 December, 2012 -- Best-selling author’s new chapter with Natural Cures (0)
- 10 May, 2013 -- How nature can contribute to our skin’s health (0)
- 27 September, 2012 -- Memory and Smell – a stimulating palming activity (vision improvement) (0)
- 25 April, 2013 -- Stevia sales on the rise (0)
- 14 January, 2013 -- Welcome to the medicated States of America (2)