Should airlines charge ‘fat tax’?
Here’s some news that may shock you: a top professor has suggested overweight people pay a ‘fat tax’ when boarding airplanes, as overweight people ‘burn more fuel’.
According to the plans put forward by Dr Bharat P Bhatta, heavier passengers should pay more for their plane tickets and lighter ones less, as reported in this month’s Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management publicatio.
Dr Bhatta, of the Sogn og Fjordane University College in Norway, stated: “Charging according to weight and space is a universally accepted principle, not only in transportation, but also in other services,” going on to say: “As weight and space are far more important in aviation than other modes of transport, airlines should take this into account when pricing their tickets.”
We’re pretty sure this shock news will divide our customers. What do you think? Do you think this is outrageous? Or a sensible plan to help tackle obesity?
Struggling with your weight? Don’t forget to check out the range of Hypnotic Tracks from experienced hypnotist Sam Weller. They’ve recently been added to the NaturalCures store, and so far, the great value Hypnotic Gastric band audio is proving extremely popular.
Remember to always consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before embarking on any treatment, it’s your health and it’s IMPORTANT. Disclaimer
If you enjoy reading these articles you might be interested in receiving our monthly newsletter. Read more here
Members don’t forget you can view all past and present Newsletters on the site here
- 29 January, 2013 Obesity: A weighty issue at home and abroad (4)
- 18 July, 2013 Girls obliterating obesity (0)
- 2 March, 2013 The key to a longer life? Carrying extra weight! (0)
- 28 June, 2013 A weighty matter: Is obesity ‘a disease’? (2)
- 14 February, 2013 Five Ridiculous Fat Loss Myths (0)
- 6 June, 2013 Let’s pull together to defend our children from obesity (1)
- 14 February, 2013 ‘Weight is healthy’ study branded a ‘pile of rubbish’ (6)
- 3 June, 2013 Obesity: Is work making you fat? (0)
- 19 June, 2013 Teenage obesity linked to hearing disorders (0)
- 15 March, 2013 Hidden food intolerances: How they can sabbotage weight loss (0)
NaturalCures.com provides you with natural, non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent virtually every disease. We provide worldwide information on health, nutrition and natural remedies. In the Natural Cures Health Blog you will find articles from leading experts discussing the latest hot topics and providing friendly advice on how you can live a healthier, happier life! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier future. NaturalCures.com Team