Body Butters are pure nourishment for your skin. The true art of creating body butters has to do with the ratio of butter and oil to wax. To create a butter that is soft and easy to apply, a 6:1 ratio is ideal. Six parts of butters and oils to one part beeswax. The aromatic butter recipe below makes a silky, easily-applied moisturizing butter.
- 2 oz Calendula oil
- 1 oz Neroli infused jojoba
- 2 oz Palm Kernel oil
- 4 oz Coconut oil
- 2 oz Shea butter
- 1 oz Coco butter
- 2 oz Beeswax
1. Melt the beeswax and neroli infused jojoba wax together in a glass Pyrex measuring cup (double boiler approach in picture above).
2. Add the cocoa butter and gently stir until melted (I use a glass stir rod).
3. Add the coconut oil and palm kernel and gently stir until melted.
4. Add the shea butter, remove from the heat and stir until melted. 5. Add the calendula oil and stir until combined.
Pour into seven wide-mouth 2 oz glass jars, cover and allow to cool (makes about 14 oz.). I keep the ones I am not using in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. The ones I am using I leave at room temperature. The shelf life of this butter could be one year if all your ingredients are fresh. Ask your supplier when each butter/oil was produced.
If you want to learn more about making butters, check out Aromahead Institute’s eBook, Essential Living: Recipes for Health and Home